Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

HEAT Forum

December 14, 2017, 05:03:55 PM
News: 2017-10-10 Heatledger 2.0 with Heatwallet 2.2.0 released! NOTE: Balance leasing and hard fork at block 777777 https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Community Manager "theroryshow"  (Read 213 times)

theroryshow wrote New Community Manager "theroryshow" on August 05, 2017, 01:40:29 AM
First off, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my background. I have been a community manager for both Bancor and OpenANX doing everything from assisting with social media and bounties. I have a masters in education and currently teach economics at the High School level. I am not full-time, nor am I part of a multi-million dollar PR campaign. I am however, here to work and bring something to this community. I have read the many posts on the forum about PR and had several conversations on Slack about the direction of this project. The goal is not to bring 10,000 new users to the HEAT exchange next month. The goal is to build on the current social media presence and expand our reach. I am part of several large crypto trading communities where people discuss HEAT but don't use the platform consistently or trade HEAT on a regular basis. As improvements and developments will made that will get easier and easier, especially with the SEC starting to get involved. However, there has to be a plan in the meantime.

1. Find out what the community thinks we need (those that have invested time probably know the best)
2. Create blog posts and educational articles about the HEAT exchange and roadmap projects (currently working on a microservices one because I had no idea really what that was)
3. Provide ShoutofGaia content in which he can publish on the blog and send out over twitter and other social media outlets
4. Become a Liaison between the community and the developers (they are doing some groundbreaking stuff, everyone should know)
5. create a steady stream of communication between developments
6. When something big is released create Press releases, blow up social media, and ensure the community knows first

In order for this to work you must tell the people you know in the crypto world about the HEAT Exchange. Good things are on the way, but 6 months is a long time in crypto. If I'm not what you were hoping for I apologize, please help me become that by sharing your thoughts and ideas. Please use this thread to share some ideas you have for improving and enriching the exchange's presence.

There have been some individuals I have spoken to who have given me some insight into the community @cambisttrader and @shoultofgaia who I would like to personally thank. If you have any questions feel free to contact me on the fourm theroryshow
slack @theroryshow
email: rorycrypto@gmail.com

Rory

VonGraff wrote Re: New Community Manager "theroryshow" on August 05, 2017, 12:30:36 PM
Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:48:05 PM by VonGraff
Hi Rory,

First of all, welcome once more! It's great to see fresh blood being added to the team, especially focusing on the outwards communication a bit more. I am very curious towards the future of HEAT.

In terms of ideas concerning HEAT, the progress, the exchange, etc in random order:
- Ensure that there is dedicated customer support (not the devs), who can ensure that any complaints kicking in on whatever medium (Slack, BCT, ...) is being taken care off in a professional and timely manner > Quickest would be to convince and hire one/two of the great guys in Slack to become formal customer support for 1-2 hours per day and ensure that the time is clear to customers on when they are around and how they could be reached. I am sure that the devs don't want to give away the wallet key for the BTC deposits, but the support guys can list and prioritize all activities required to be more quickly followed up
- Clean-up the HEAT website, or remove it entirely and integrate only the relevant parts in the heatwallet domain. The less maintenance the better, what is the main site used for anyway... (other than the links being there)
- Plan a bi-weekly written status report, to clarify what the devs are working on, what achievements were done of the non-classified stuff. If the team is making us of Agile with sprints, this would be relatively easy to accomplish and would also demonstrate how the team works towards the end goals in roadmap
- Involve the community more actively, using bounties or whatever. The video-competition was a great one, but those initiatives should/could come from the team. List all the activities where the community can support (blogging/translation/bug-hunting/...) and actively follow-up. I'd love to be able to support, but don't have the time myself other than 1-2 hours per week, so if there would be something small with in return some HEAT, count me in!
- Get the basics in place faster (I know that they are challenging), which are at least the automated BTC deposits/withdrawals, more currencies like ETH, account leasing.
- Use the heatwallet.com introduction page/portal to also link the github for the desktop version and the server, but more importantly also show whether Testnet is live, on which version, how to participate and what testing is required (incl bounties?).

That's what was on my mind now. If you have any questions on the above, let me know.

https://heatpool.org > Forging HEAT while it's HOT!
shoutofgaia wrote Re: New Community Manager "theroryshow" on August 05, 2017, 01:19:08 PM
I want to welcome you as well. Great to have you here and looking forward to some co-op.

And VonGraff listed very good points where the foot should be put down at first.

As a first goal I would establish a center of information where people really can check out the latest of HEAT. Now it is too wide of a range to search too. The Slack is a great way to serve members but we need something outside of that and the BCT-thread isn't just it.

Gh2 already proposed in BCT that we should move our discussions here, and that would not be a bad idea at all.

Eliphaz wrote Re: New Community Manager "theroryshow" on August 05, 2017, 01:38:35 PM
Thanks for the excellent introductory post Rory, and Welcome once again!

To more effectively control PR, we may indeed soon put effort in centralizing public discussions here on the HEAT forum.

VonGraff wrote Re: New Community Manager "theroryshow" on August 05, 2017, 05:49:36 PM
Sounds good Eliphaz.

Forgot one more thing ;) Add a FAQ to the heatwallet portal to take care of some of the questions related to the whitepaper, such as the 1000tps ambition, a very simple explanation of microservices (incl comparison to Smart contracts), POS vs POP, etc.

https://heatpool.org > Forging HEAT while it's HOT!
theroryshow wrote Re: New Community Manager "theroryshow" on August 05, 2017, 11:26:41 PM
awesome suggestions, putting the finishing touches on a microservices blog post now. Pretty big stuff that allows regular companies to enter blockchain without hiring a whole dev team.

Pages: [1]   Go Up