Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

HEAT Forum

October 29, 2017, 05:17:09 PM
News: 2017-10-10 Heatledger 2.0 with Heatwallet 2.2.0 released! NOTE: Balance leasing and hard fork at block 777777 https://github.com/Heat-Ledger-Ltd/heatwallet/releases
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marketing: Heat Ledger Forum Post Launch Recommendations  (Read 469 times)

Share this topic
Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:19:55 PM by Jimminy Cricketz
Here are a few recommendations to help get this forum out there:

Install Google Analytics!!! - create a marketing gmail account specifically for heat ledger and install google analytics off of that email address

Verify Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster access

Create sitemap and submit to GSC & Bing

Install addthis.com widget into the forum (offers excellent analytics on how your website is shared across the social networks.

Attach Java scripts and css in forum in separate files to bring the content higher on the page for the search engines.

Change Title:  to include Heat Ledger Forum <title>HEAT Forum - Index</title> is the current one - several people know the coin as "Heat Ledger" - Also make sure to include the word cryptocurrency in the meta description to help Google sort out the content.

Include a link to the Heat Forum in the primary navigation of http://heatledger.com/

I would also recommend moving the forum to a subdomain - forum.heatledger.com and 301 redirecting heatledger.net to heatledger.com (of course repeat steps for google analytics and search console submission for both sub-domain and primary domain.

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Heat Addy:
Interesting tips, some of which are new to me.
Attach Java scripts and css in forum in separate files to bring the content higher on the page for the search engines.
Is this relevant nowadays? Easier said than done.

I would also recommend moving the forum to a subdomain - forum.heatledger.com and 301 redirecting heatledger.net
Why?

Interesting tips, some of which are new to me.
Is this relevant nowadays? Easier said than done.

Absolutely - the cleaner the code, the higher the spiderable content the more relevant.

I would also recommend moving the forum to a subdomain - forum.heatledger.com and 301 redirecting heatledger.net
Why?
Because if you look at your serps snippets you will quickly see within the url structure the word forum within the url - this also offers a que to users that the forum is the "official forum". As the community grows other niche forums will spring up. You want to make sure that yours is unique from others. This also assists in branding and ensures that one single domain is receiving credit as the official source - finally - its cheaper :)in the long run from a hosting / name registration / maintenance standpoint.

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Heat Addy:
Pages: [1]   Go Up